Система контроля прутков BIS ECA
The BIS can combine phased array (PA) and eddy current array (ECA) technologies to inspect the full volume and the full surface of round and square bars. The system is based on a unique "Floating Head" concept (PA) and on a "Wear Shoes" concept (ECA) for a constant optimal positioning of probes; independently of the straightness variations of the bars.
- Round, square, and flat bars
- Carbon steel and stainless steel grades
- Rough surfaces and peeled surfaces
- Round diameter range: 12mm (0.5 in.) to 230 mm (9 in.)
- Square size range: 20 mm (0.75 in.) to 230 mm (9 in.)
- Flat size range: 4 mm x 30 mm to 100 mm x 250 mm (0.25 in. x 1.50 in. to 4 in. x 10 in.)
- Flat-bottom hole (FBH)
- Side-drilled hole (SDH)
- Surface notch
System Key Features
The main characteristics of the Olympus bar inspection system are:
- High-speed inspections (up to 2 m/s depending on diameter size)
- Phased Array ultrasound technique has the highest productivity and reliability of all inspection systems on the market.
- Versatile system quickly reconfigurable to different inspection configurations such as:
- Fully automatic size change
- Fast mechanical changeover time
- Quick access to predefined inspection setups
- Software Wizard tool used to create new inspection setups
- Multiple parallel firing to inspect simultaneously at different positions on the bars
- Full-body inspections of the bars by combining:
- Ultrasonic longitudinal wave (LW) and shear wave (SW) for volumetric inspections
- Eddy current array (ECA) technology for surface inspections
- Use of the unique Olympus mechanic for a constant optimal positioning of probes; independent and not affected adversely by straightness variations of the bars:
- Floating head concept for UT/PA probes
- Wear shoes concept for ECA probes
- The centering of the UT/PA probes in each cassette is acoustically adjusted to optimize the detection for each probe.
- Automatic calibration per channel providing the highest documented repeatability in the industry with detailed data reporting
UT/PA probes remain static for a high quality signal.
- Bending can be accepted at the ends of the bars without any damage to the mechanics.
- Mechanical system design allows very short untested bar ends (± 20 mm).
- High sensitivity on small reference defects with SNR greater than 12 dB
- Easy interpretation of the inspection results using real time strip-chart displays
- Easy and fast mechanical reconfiguration between two bar sizes
- Detailed alarms and data reporting
- Supervisor software used to:
- Merge and archive inspection data in one common database
- Centralize inspection results and real-time displays on a single work station
- DCOM exchange protocol for easy interface with customer level 2 production-line systems
- Easy maintenance
- Multilingual acquisition software